Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) has requested input from CAPS/ACSP regarding current immigration policies and the impact of those policies on international postdocs working in Canada.
To maximize input from international postdocs and ensure that we capture all the major challenges related to postdoc immigration, the CAPS/ACSP Executive designed the following survey:
Please complete this survey if you fall into one of the following categories:
- Current postdoc in Canada with experience applying for work permits or permanent residence in the past 3 years
- Former postdoc in Canada with experience applying for work permits or permanent residence in the past 3 years
- I turned down an offer for a postdoc in Canada in the past 3 years due, in part, to Canadian immigration issues/policies
- I decided not to apply for postdoc positions in Canada during the past 3 years due, in part, to Canadian immigration policies
SURVEY DEADLINE: AUGUST 3, 2018 at midnight (Pacific Time)
Based in part on the data from this survey, the CAPS/ACSP Executive will submit a report to the IRCC on August 13, 2018. , which will also be shared publicly on our website, email lists, and social media pages.
Please share the survey link with other postdocs in your network asap!!
ADDITIONAL INPUT: ANTICIPATING IMMIGRATION NEEDS IN THE ACADEMIC SECTOR
The IRCC is also interested in input regarding the anticipated immigration needs of the academic sector over the next 5 years or so. ALL POSTDOCS (not only those with immigration experience) are invited to provide input to CAPS/ACSP on this topic.
If you would like to contribute, please:
- Review this document – IRCC Consultation with Academic Stakeholders (en français) and prepare responses to the any of the questions found under Discussion Theme #2 on the last page.
- Email your responses to any of those questions (and/or any other comments you wish to share) to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “IRCC Consultation” by midnight (Pacific Time) on AUGUST 3, 2018.
This input will also be included in our final report for the IRCC.
**En raison des contraintes de temps qui nous ont été imposées, nous ne pouvons fournir de version française pour ce sondage. Nous prions nos amis francophones de bien vouloir nous excuser pour ce problème.