Industrial postdoctoral position in vivo ophthalmic drug delivery (QC-182)
Preferred Disciplines: Life Sciences, Molecular Biology, Drug Delivery (Post-Doc)
Project length: 1 year (2-3 units)
Approx. start date: As soon as possible
Location: Quebec City, Canada – Université Laval (Prof Vincent Pernet)
No. of Positions: 1
Company: Feldan Therapeutics
Feldan Therapeutics has developed a patented peptide-based technology platform, the Feldan Shuttle, which enables fast and safe intracellular delivery. The company’s mission is to develop leading-edge therapeutic applications based on its proprietary platform, as demonstrated by its current pipeline of clinical programs taking advantage of the unique characteristics of the Shuttle.
Summary of Project:
Our laboratory based in Quebec City, Canada, develops gene-therapy and antibody-based therapeutic approaches to treat retinal cells in ophthalmic diseases. A collaboration has been established between us and Feldan Therapeutics, a Quebec biotech start-up, in order to find new ophthalmic applications for the Shuttle platform, a new peptide-based cell-transducing system able to carry peptidic- and protein-based molecules into cells. The goal of the project will be to design optimal conditions for the delivery of proteins in the mouse eye. A postdoctoral position is now open in our lab to carry out this ambitious project at the Centre de recherche du CHU de Québec-Université Laval.
As most of the work will be done in the mouse eye, candidates with a strong experience with in vivo methods are particularly encouraged to apply. Candidates are expected to have good experience with microsurgeries in mice, including intravitreal injections, electroretinogram recordings, behavior tests applied to the visual system, immunofluorescence and Western blot analysis of retinal protein lysates, etc. The duration of the contract is 1 year but may be renewable. Good communication skills in English and French (an asset) are needed to adapt to our lab and to report results at weekly meetings. This position is supported by a Mitacs postdoctoral fellowship from Feldan Therapeutics.
Interested applicants are invited to submit their complete CV, 2 letters of recommendation and a letter of interest.
- Study the delivery potential of the Feldan Shuttle platform in the eye
- Analyze the physiological impacts of therapeutic cargos delivered by the Feldan Shuttle in the eye
- Intravitreal injection and/or topical administration of the Shuttle and a cargo in/on the eye
- Vizualisation of fluorescence and/or phenotypical analysis post-delivery
- Determination of clinical relevance
Expertise and Skills Needed:
- Mice microsurgeries (topical administration, intravitreal injections)
- Electroretinogram recordings
- Immunofluorescence and Western blot analysis
For more info or to apply to this applied research position, please
|Research Objective:||• Study the delivery potential of the Feldan Shuttle platform in the eye
• Analyze the physiological impacts of therapeutic cargos delivered by the Feldan Shuttle in the eye
|Methodology:||• Intravitreal injection and/or topical administration of the Shuttle and a cargo in/on the eye
• Visualisation of fluorescence and/or phenotypical analysis post-delivery
• Determination of clinical relevance
|Expertise and Skills Needed:||• Mice microsurgeries (topical administration, intravitreal injections)
• Electroretinogram recordings
• Immunofluorescence and Western blot analysis