Postdoctoral Fellow (Western University) – Cloud-based multi-modal image analysis platform
Expected Starting Date: Summer 2017
Position Title: SOSCIP TalentEdge Post-doctoral Fellowship
Department: Robarts Research Institute, Western University
Remuneration: 57,500 / year
Posting Date: 5 June 2017
Duration: 2 years
Supervisor: Dr. Ali Khan and Dr. Shelley Boyd
Location: Robarts Research Institute, (Western University, London), and part-time at Dr. Boyd’s Research Clinic (St Michael’s Hospital, Toronto) and Tracery Ophthalmics inc (JLABS @ Toronto, MaRS Discovery District).
We are seeking a post-doctoral fellow for a SOSCIP-funded research project developing an image analytics platform for a novel functional ophthalmic imaging method.
The successful candidate would be employed by Western University, in collaboration with industry partner, Tracery Ophthalmics Inc., supervised by Dr. Ali Khan and Dr. Shelley Boyd.
How to Apply:
Please forward cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Ali Khan, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications will be considered until the position is filled
|Key Responsibilities:||The post-doctoral fellow will develop a cloud-based interface for imaging data archival and pre-processing, set-up a database of de-identified images, and apply state-of-the-art segmentation and feature extraction techniques for machine learning applications.|
|Required Qualification:||• PhD in Electrical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Computer Science, Applied Mathematics, or other relevant areas
• Knowledge of imaging systems, image processing and image analysis
• Experience working with computer vision and machine learning algorithms
• Strong OO design and programming skills in Python, R, Octave, or C++
• Experience building user-interfaces and image processing pipelines in Linux
• Familiar with containerized deployment, cloud architecture, and high-peformance computing
• Familiar with ITK and VTK libraries, 3D Slicer
• Experience with web service integration (SOAP, REST, JSON, XML)
• Strong understanding of OO software engineering principles
• Experience using version control (e.g. GIT)
• Ideally, familiarity with ImageJ
|Special Skills:||• Excellent technical and conversational English skills
• Initiative, dedication, thoroughness, fast learner, ability to work under pressure