Software Engineer Intern – Distributed System and Cloud Computing
C2Ro (Cloud Collaborative Robotics) is a dynamic high-tech startup developing a cloud robotics platform for connected and collaborative robots. Our platform will provide access to unlimited computational and storage resources in the cloud and offer advanced intelligent software services to make robots more autonomous.
C2Ro is part of TandemLaunch, a Montreal-based startup incubator that scouts, and commercializes early-stage technologies from the world’s top universities. TandemLaunch has repeatedly built high growth companies such as LANDR, Mirametrix, Algolux, IRYStec, and SPORTLOGiQ.
We are currently looking for an intermediate programmer with the good problem‑solving ability and technology understanding for an internship. We are seeking help to develop a cloud robotics platform technology and software services in the areas of distributed systems, real-time sensor data processing, data fusion, machine learning, and computer vision.
If you are a programmer, who would like to work on cutting-edge technologies, be a part of a new and innovative team, take responsibility, constantly challenge the way things are done, and love to learn, join us!
|Preferred candidates:||Postdoctoral scholar (https://www.mitacs.ca/en/programs/elevate) or graduate student (https://www.mitacs.ca/en/programs/accelerate) eligible for MITACS internships preferred.|
|Minimum qualifications:||• Degree in computer science, engineering, or other relevant majors
• 2+ years of experience with Java and Python
• Experience with cloud infrastructure (e.g., Amazon EC2) and cloud technologies (e.g., Linux Container)
• Flexibility: ability and willingness to learn new technologies and program in other languages
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
• Self-directed: ability to work in a team as well as individually
|Preferred qualifications:||• Experience in robotics
• Experience with Open Stack and Hypervisors
• Knowledge and experience in the following area is a plus:
machine learning, signal processing, computer vision, sensor fusion
|Job responsibilities:||• Design, develop, and deploy distributed systems and cloud-based software application
• Daily-basis communication with the team on progress, issues, and risks