SOSCIP TalentEdge Postdoc Fellowship: biomarker detection and analysis from metagenomes
Duration: 2 years
Location: Waterloo, Ontario
We are seeking a SOSCIP TalentEdge post-doctoral fellow for a funded data-intensive research project: Identifying biological features controlling mining microbiome community structure and function using analysis of high throughput sequencing data. To be eligible, the Ph.D. must have been received within five years of start date.
The successful candidate would be employed by Metagenom Bio Inc., in collaboration with University of Waterloo, supervised by Dr. Andrew Doxey and Dr. Trevor Charles. The work location would be in Waterloo.
Please forward cover letter, CV, and contact information for three references to Dr. Michael Lynch – firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications will be considered until the position is filled.
|Preferred candidates:||PhD in Biology, Bioinformatics, or related discipline (received within 5 years of start date)|
|Minimum qualifications:||- proficiency with data-intensive computer programming and analysis (python, R)
- suitable experience in high performance computing
- experience with a compiled programming language (e.g., C/C++)
|Preferred qualifications:||- meaningful experience with the statistical analysis of high-throughput metagenomic sequencing data
- specific experience in machine learning techniques, especially dimensionality reduction and feature selection
- training in community ecology or general network analysis and topology
|Job responsibilities:||- identifying biological features controlling mining microbiome community structure and function using analysis of high throughput sequencing data
- software/algorithm development optimized for the SOSCIP High Performance Computing environment
- collaborative development and communication with the team on progress, issues, etc.