(English) MITACS Industrial Postdoctoral Fellowship
Preferred Disciplines: Post-Doc, pharmacy, biochemistry, or other related disciplines
Company: Kannaba Technologies Inc.
Project Length: 2 years (6 units)
Desired start date: As soon as possible
Location: Toronto Ontario
No. of Positions: 1
Preferences: Looking for a post-doc to work in Dr. Roberto Botelho (Ryerson University). Language: English, Bilingual
About the Company:
Kannaba Technologies Inc. is a private Canadian biotechnology company focused on the development of novel medicinal cannabinoid-based products. Our vision is to lead and transform the medical cannabis industry through the development and commercialization of innovative diagnostic and therapeutic cannabinoid—based products for animal and human health.
This project is a collaboration between Kannaba Technologies and the laboratory of Dr. Roberto Botelho. Dr. Botelho is a Canada Research Chair in Biomedical Sciences and Technologies and an Associate Professor in the Department of Chemistry and Biology at Ryerson University. Dr. Botelho’s laboratory investigates the molecular and cellular mechanisms driving cell signalling and organelle function with a focus on immune cells and function.
We are seeking a Mitacs industrial Postdoctoral Fellow with experience in formulation science and pharmacology to join our product development team. The candidate will develop formulations of cannabinoids and perform pharmodynamics and pharmokinetics (PD/PK) assays using cell culture and mice models using various analytical methods to determine ideal formulations. The candidate will then investigate physiological effects of formulations.
The post-doctoral fellow will support the development and testing of optimal cannabinoid formulations using existing and novel product formats and procedures for use in animals. These activities will be achieved by using knowledge and innovation of technology and chemistry to investigate the properties, components, and abilities of complex metabolites and processes to develop efficacious prototype formulations and supplies for pre-clinical testing in various disease models. This position performs activities assigned by the senior scientific management to meet the company’s goals within the specified timelines. This position also requires documenting, reviewing, analysing and interpreting data, and interpreting scientific problems in support of regulatory submissions in a timely manner while complying with departmental SOP’s and guidelines. This will be achieved by working very closely with the analytical development and R&D QA extended teams.
For more info or to apply:
- Check your eligibility and find more information about open projects.
Interested students need to get the approval from their supervisor and send their CV along with a link to their supervisor’s university webpage by applying through the webform. Alternatively, Please email your Resume/CV with a cover letter summarizing your qualifications for this position, with referencing job ID: 2018-0520 in subject line to info(a)kannaba.com or Dr. Botelho at rbotelho(a)ryerson.ca.
|(English) Research Objectives:||(English) • Responsible and accountable for designing, planning and executing all aspects of assigned formulation projects independently through scientific rationale and using Quality by Design principles
• Applies strong formulation and problem-solving skills to identify efficacious product formats with favorable PK/PD in mouse models
• Development of analytical methods for characterization of Kannaba’s product candidates
• Strong communication skills in delivering development reports including formulation development, process development, animal trial efficacy and PK/PD analysis
• Supports internal projects and leads communication/interaction between Dr. Botelho’s laboratory and Kannaba Technologies’ team
|(English) Methodology:||(English) To be determined|
|(English) Expertise and Skills Needed:||(English) • PhD in pharmacy, biochemistry, or other related disciplines
• Minimum of 1-3 years of experience, preferably in optimization of active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) and PK/PD analysis for small molecules or biologics
• Expertise in working with mouse models to test different product prototypes and perform PK/PD analysis is highly desirable
• Highly experienced working with different formulation technologies and product formats
• Ability to set-up different formulation ratios, activation of excipients and screening of different carrier molecules
• Excellent written, verbal, presentation skills
• Team player with ability to interact and communicate within a multidisciplinary team