To register as a Member of CAPS/ACSP complete this form:
Registration is required to access the various mailing lists and online groups offered by CAPS/ACSP in addition to other rights and privileges determined by Membership type (see below).
CAPS/ACSP offers 3 types of membership:
- Active Member – all current postdocs working/training in Canada and Canadian citizens and permanent residents working/training as postdocs abroad
- Alumni Member – all former postdocs who at one time met the criteria for Active membership;
- Adjunct Member – all others, including:
- Prospective postdocs (grad students)
- Organizers from labour unions that represent postdocs working in Canada
- Postdoctoral administrators at Canadian institutions
- Employees / representatives of government ministries or agencies in Canada (provincial / federal)
- Employees / representatives of non-governmental funding or policy organizations in Canada
- Representatives from other stakeholder groups related to postdoctoral training, career development, or policy.
Registering an Organization as an "Affiliate of CAPS/ACSP"
Affiliation is a informal arrangement between CAPS/ACSP and an external organization.
CAPS/ACSP Affiliates are:
- Expected to share information provided by CAPS/ACSP, promote CAPS/ACSP events and initiatives, and/or assist with the dissemination of CAPS/ACSP surveys to their members or contacts
- Encouraged to advertise their affiliation with CAPS/ACSP on their website, in electronic communications, and on social media and are encouraged to share direct links to the CAPS/ACSP website.
In return, CAPS/ACSP provides reciprocal support by:
- Sharing information provided by affiliates with our members
- Providing access to specific email lists or groups for some types of affiliates – as determined by the nature/mandate of the organization in question
- Providing recognition to affiliates on the CAPS/ACSP website and in shared posts
To register your organization as an Affiliate of CAPS/ACSP, please select and complete the appropriate Affiliation form from the list provided here:
- Institutional Postdoctoral Association (PDA) Affiliation Form – for PDAs at individual Canadian universities or institutions only
- Postdoctoral Office (PDO) and Administrators Affiliation Form – for administrators at Canadian universities or institutions only
- Labour Union Affiliation Form – for unions that represent postdocs at Canadian universities or institutions only
- Non-Institutional Postdoctoral Association Affiliation Form – for PDAs whose membership is not restricted to postdocs from an individual university or institution in Canada; membership must include postdocs working in Canada or Canadian postdocs working abroad.
- General Affiliation Form – for all other groups, including: graduate and undergraduate student associations, faculty associations, funding/policy organizations, and international or foreign postdoctoral associations.
Contributing Members & Affiliates Plan
CAPS/ACSP needs funds to continue providing the kind of resources, support, and advocacy that postdocs working in Canada and Canadian postdocs working abroad deserve and to develop new support and services for our members.
To that end, we have now launched the CONTRIBUTING MEMBERS & AFFILIATES PLAN, which gives active/alumni members and affiliates a means of supporting CAPS/ACSP’s advocacy efforts in addition to other perks.
Want to support CAPS/ACSP’s advocacy efforts?
Want access to CAPS/ACSP’s discount insurance options for members?
Want early access to CAPS/ACSP’s webinars on career development, postdoc policy, and other topics (5-10 per year)?
Become a Contributing Member or Affiliate today!
Fees & Perks
Schedule of Fees
Note: All fees are non-refundable
How to become a Contributing Member or Affiliate
- Register as a member of CAPS/ACSP using the form found here.
- Send an e-transfer for $50 (or more if you wish) to firstname.lastname@example.org to become a lifetime Contributing Member of CAPS/ACSP. Please include “Contributing Members Fee” in the e-transfer message.
- Your Contributing Member Status will be confirmed via email and you will be added to the Contributing Members & Affiliates List – which will be used to share special offers in the future.
Organizations (PDAs, Unions, and Institutions):
- Register as a CAPS/ACSP Affiliate using the appropriate form above.
- Email email@example.com to make payment arrangements as detailed in the table above.
- Your Contributing Affiliate Status will be confirmed via email and you will be added to the Contributing Members & Affiliates List – which will be used to share special offers in the future.
Questions or Comments about Membership or Affiliation?
Questions or comments about our new membership structure, affiliation, or any of the associated forms should be directed to CAPS/ACSP’s Vice-Chair Membership (firstname.lastname@example.org).
CAPS/ACSP takes the privacy of our members very seriously. Your responses on this form are confidential and will only be viewed by members of the CAPS/ACSP Executive Council as needed to process and manage your membership with CAPS/ACSP. CAPS/ACSP will not share individual member data under any circumstances and membership data will only be presented publicly as anonymized summary data, so your personal information will never be shared or sold to any third party.